“To lead the people, walk behind them”
- Lao Tzu, Chinese Philosopher
Teamstyles is a boutique consultancy based in New Zealand. We work with organisations in the development of healthy and productive teams. We believe that teamwork is the essence for success in any endeavour. The heart of good teamwork is open communication. While a myriad of textbooks and courses are available on teams and leadership, our preference is to keep things simple. At the heart of good team leadership is the principle of honest two-way communication. Leadership should be about supporting people so they can achieve individual and team goals. Good leaders and teams realise the high degree of interdependency required and that we have to work through and with people to achieve results.
- Over 36,000 people (in over 4000 teams) internationally, across many industries have benefited from the Teamstyles programme.
- Teamstyles is a dynamic communication process for individuals and teams. We look at how style impacts communication – behavioural style is a major determinant on the way we communicate (both give and receive information).
- The purpose of Teamstyles is to understand yourself and others in the team so you can communicate more effectively in the future.
- The aim is not to put people into a box but rather provide a framework of likely behaviours in a team setting (understanding each other’s strengths and allowable weaknesses across multiple ‘styles’).
- The programme requires participants to answer a questionnaire, followed by self-validation of checklists, as well as the vital component, the peer-review of the results (validating results for each other).
- Participants who have been through the Teamstyles programme recognise its high face validity; that it is simple, easy to use and understand.
- There is no such thing as a good or bad ‘style’ – each person contributes important strengths to the team.
- Teamstyles assists in developing healthy and innovative conflict (ideas based) and reduces personality conflict.
- The beauty of Teamstyles is that you can take it in-house and facilitate the half-day workshops yourself after being trained via a simple train the train programme.
Find out how Teamstyles can benefit you or your company: Why Choose Teamstyles?, The Teamstyles Programme, Communication & Style, Team Survey, Company Information, Our Clients, Contact.